Child care is an important component of community infrastructure that serves not only children and families, but supports economic development efforts. Availability and access to child care is an important component of a community’s infrastructure:
- Helps to build a stable workforce.
- Helps to attract and retain business to your community.
- Improves employee productivity and reduces absenteeism.
- Increases a children’s school readiness, which in turn enhances classroom learning for all children.
- Helps children build life skills that will help them become healthier, more productive adults, employees, business leaders and citizens.
- Devils Lake has a unique opportunity for businesses that are interested in partnering with a commercial daycare in town to provide childcare to your staff. Eventide Heartland, a long term care facility that has a commercial daycare on its property, is willing to partner with you to help you provide this benefit to your staff, as they are to theirs.
Devils Lake has a wonderful group of Childcare Providers. For an updated list, please go to this link, which is updated frequently by Ramsey County, or contact:
Lakes Social Service District
524 4th Ave NE #19
Devils Lake, ND 58301-2400