North Dakota offers several resources for workforce training and development.
Forward Devils Lake Corporation “20 by 20” Skilled Workforce Recruitment and Retention Program
The “20 by 20” Skilled Workforce Recruitment and Retention Program works with local and regional businesses to help encourage and recruit high school students to consider a career in a skilled and technical program. Forward Devils Lake Corporation and participating businesses will reimburse the student for up to 80% of the cost of annual tuition/room/meals of an approved one- or two-year Technical College program, if they commit to coming back to the region after graduating from the program and working for the employer for a period of three years. Read more about this program in these articles from the Christian Science Monitor or the Grand Forks Herald.
To learn more, call Brad Barth at 701-662-4933 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Qualified programs with annual tuition/room & board costs of up to $15,000
- Program reimburses 80% of costs up to a maximum of $12,000 per year.
- Cost breakdown:
- 60% to be paid by business sponsor = $9,000
- 20% by Forward Devils Lake = $3,000
- 20% by student = $3,000
- Total maximum reimbursement for two years would be $24,000 – assuming 80% of a total cost to attend of $30,000 for two years.
Workforce and Housing Studies
Forward Devils Lake partnered with the North Central Regional Planning Council to have workforce and housing studies conducted for Ramsey County.